Tuesday, October 23, 2007

JUST IN THE `NIC TIME

Ok......I went to the church Career Fair today.

I wanted to cry when I left that Career Fair! There were not any Payroll or Human Resource jobs there. I had just received word that I was not getting the 911 job and I really freaked out!!!! I thought, "What is wrong with me????" I even prayed to the big man upstairs and asked him, "Why me??? I am trying my hardest to provide for my family and nothing!!!"

When I got home I was really depressed......I ate an enormously big bowl of ice cream with Carmel and chocolate!! (I mean enormous!) When I finished eating it I watched Maury and then I received a phone call. I didn't recognize the number so I didn't answer it. I checked my messages and then I was shouting for joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the job real close to my home and they wanted to hire me! Just in the nick of time~~~I almost ate some more ice cream before this message.~~~

So that goes to show everyone that just wait.......and good things do happen when you talk to the man upstairs!!

7 comments:

Allyson said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I hope it all works out for you. I hope you like you new job.

Ice cream is my weakness. I love and miss Blue Bell, but it is probably a good thing they don't sell it here.

Candice said...

What do you mean they don't sell it there?? I thought that they sold Blue Bell everywhere??

Candice said...

Thanks! I am very excited. I think I will love it!

Kathy said...

Congrats! I think we all have struggles like this to bring us closer to Heavenly Father and to remind us to be humble and patient and to have faith and things will work out how they are supposed to.

Allyson said...

Nope! It's a TX thing.

The Acosta Family said...

Congrats! You know what Allyson, they actually sold Blue Bell ice cream in Monterrey, Mexico at Walmart. Granted, they didn't always have it, but it was sold there. Actually, I never bought it because it was $9 a half gallon! Guess that took care of my weakness.

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you! Congratulations!